Mar 17, 2020
Dear Parents and Community Members,
This Thursday is the feast of St Joseph, the husband of Mary and the earthly father of Jesus. God called Joseph, a simple carpenter, to care for and protect Mary and Jesus. With great faith and confidence, Joseph accepted God’s call to be part of the Holy Family. The Church honoured St Joseph by making him the patron Saint of the Church throughout the world.
We can follow his example by being caring people, working hard and by being concerned for the Church in the world. With confidence, we can call on St Joseph to pray for us, protect us and lead us to God.
We pray that St Joseph will bless our fathers
and all fathering men
and provide them with inspiration
as a great role model
for all who care for children.
COVID – 19
Please note that measures are being taken at school to increase our focus on hygiene and aiming to reduce the spread of germs, including, but not limited to the following:
- Weekly, school based assemblies have been suspended
- Performance assemblies, MJR assemblies and Merit Certificates are suspended until further notice to reduce the number of parents and grandparents who are coming into the school
- Harmony Day with Dardanup Primary School has been postponed
- Disinfectant spray and wipes are available in every classroom for regular wiping down of surfaces and door handles
- Shared devices like Ipads and Chromebooks are cleaned before and after use
- Routine hand washing before and after recess and lunch for each class
- Lapping Legends on Friday mornings will be suspended until further notice
- External female student toilet doors are propped open to reduce the need to touch the door handle
- Classrooms have windows and doors open for adequate ventilation
Please note changes to the Term Calendar:
|Friday 20 March||Harmony Day||Postponed|
|Saturday 21 March||‘Have Sum Fun’ Maths Competition||Postponed|
|Thursday 26 March||Teacher/Parent Interviews||Postponed|
|Wednesday 8 April||Fun Run||Postponed|
|Thursday 9 April||Stations of the Cross||Cancelled|
- Parents are encouraged to keep children home if unwell
- Please be aware of self-isolation requirements and if any member of your family has returned from overseas, please note that unless they isolate themselves from family members, it is recommended that the entire family will need to self-isolate
- Please contact the school NOW if you don’t have online access or suitable devices at home should the school be closed
- A Response Team has been formed to work out a plan for the continuation of the Education Program should the school be instructed to close
Please note the school will remain open until further advice from CEWA.
The School Board meets next Tuesday 26 March at 5.30pm.
The P&F meetings alternate between evening meetings and morning meetings, one of each per term. I acknowledge our P&F for providing this opportunity for more people to connect with our hardworking group. The P&F meet tonight at 6.30pm. All are welcome to come along. Class representatives are encouraged to join us. Starting last year, different events have been allocated to certain Year levels. We aim to share the responsibility between all year levels, and thank families for returning their P&F Event Planners, and indicating where they would like to assist throughout the year. The P&F Executive continue to be the overall coordinators, but welcome the assistance of Class reps in managing class allocated events. At the moment, several P&F supported events have been postponed, or may not go ahead, such as the Fun Run, the Art Spectacular and Mother’s Day Mass and Morning Tea. We will keep you informed, as things are changing every day.
The P&F have purchased a C-Pen, which is a device to support students when reading is difficult, particularly if there is a diagnosis of dyslexia. The aim of this purchase was for students to be able to try out the device to assist parents to decide if this is something they would like to purchase privately. The school-owned C-Pen is currently in our Year 6 class and will be shared with other classes in due course. If parents would like to have a try of the device, please call in to the office and this can be arranged. We thank our P&F for their support in the purchase of the C-Pen.
Bunbury Catholic College visit for Year 5 and 6 students
Yesterday, students from Years 5 and 6 were visited by the Principal, Mr Michael Pepper and past OLOL students from Bunbury Catholic College to speak about secondary school at the College. The College Prospectus is available from the website www.bunburycatholic.wa.edu.au.
Some dates to keep in mind for Year 6 students are as follows:
- The Academic Scholarship Exam will be held on Saturday 16 May 2020. Application forms are available on the BCC website, or from the College office. Applications close Friday 3 April.
- The Orientation Day for Year 6 students (Year 7 2021) will be held on Thursday 26 November.
Administration of Schools (AoS)
Catholic Education Western Australia (CEWA) has committed to a new Administration software platform that has been a work in progress for the last couple of years. As the demands of modern schools increase, the services required to support schools increase faster still. AoS (Admin of Schools) is a comprehensive engine designed to integrate all of these services and unite them in one central management system. Our Lady of Lourdes School administration staff have been working with staff from CEWA in preparation for the installation of AoS, to replace our current Administration system.
Please be aware that this will occur as of Monday 30th March. There will be several changes such as a new BPAY reference number and SEQTA logins.
BPAY reference number: We will send you a Fee Statement showing your current balance and updated payment details in the coming weeks. Please take note of your new BPAY reference number on the attached Fee Statement. Prior to making any BPAY payments, please update your bank account details to the new BPAY reference number.
SEQTA Engage: We will send Parents/ Carers a link to setup their accounts. All families are required to setup their new account within a week of receiving the link in order to access past reports. Please ensure you keep your username and password, in order to use this again at the end of the year.
We appreciate your patience during the transition period.
2020 Student Residential Address and Other Information collection Notice.
It’s that time of the year again when we request that each family donate an item to be part of the prizes for the Easter Raffle. Please bring your contribution to the school office. Tickets will be on sale in Week 9 and 10 before school in the undercover area, 50c each or 3 for $1. The Easter Raffle will be drawn after lunch on the last day of term.
Parent Teacher Interviews
Thank you to families for returning their preferences for meetings to discuss student progress. As partners in the education of our students, this is an important opportunity to work together to support our students. Interviews have been postponed until a date to be advised next term.
Girls navy shorts that are optional as part of our formal uniform are available to order on CDFpay. As they are not kept stock, once your CDF order and payment has been received, an order is placed with our supplier. If it is the first time you are ordering for your daughter, please come into the uniform shop to try on before ordering. Samples of different sizes are kept in the uniform shop. Due to the cut and style (and length), they are in ladies sizes and may differ to usual sizes you would buy. Please note that available sizes start at an adult’s size 4, which equates to roughly a girls size 8. Unfortunately smaller sizes area not available.
Formal blue shirts are back in stock. All orders were filled last Friday.
Rubi & Harrison Quadrio’s baby brother Oliver was born recently. Congratulations to Brooke and Matthew. We look forward to meeting little Oliver. Brooke and Matthew, we will send home an enrolment form!
Pupil Free Days
Please note that the two scheduled pupil free days in Week 9, Thursday 2 and Friday 3 April have been cancelled. If we are not instructed to close the school, there will be normal classes on those dates. Please be aware that these may be rescheduled later in the year.
Thank you for your support at this difficult time. The school will communicate updates to parents as they come to hand.
Have a wonderful week.
May God bless you
Mrs Angela Hegney
Mar 17, 2020
- Parish Roster
- Triple P Free 2 hour Parenting Workshop – Bedtime Routines
- Triple P Free 2 hour Parenting Workshop – Dealing With Disobedience
- Bunbury Catholic College
- Bunbury United Soccer Club
- Dardanup Art Spectacular
- Bunbury Rollerskating – Open Day
- Eaton Dardanup Football Club
- Jodie’s Before and After School Care